Did you know?
- Private Employment Services provide a stepping stone: In South Africa, just 15% of workers were in jobs before accessing agency work; the figure rises to 61% afterwards.
- Agency work does not substitute permanent contracts: 74% of user organizations would not consider hiring permanent workers as an alternative to taking on agency workers and 62% of them would not have created jobs if they had no access to private employment services.
- Unemployment and agency work rates follow inverse patterns: The higher the agency work penetration rate, the lower the unemployment rate.
- Private Employment Services create skills: 70% of agency workers (Internationally) undergoing training are younger than 35 yrs old where as only 50% of permanent workers trained fall into this age group.
- Private Employment Services reduce the time-lag between recovery and job creation: There is a one-on-one correlation between the evolution of the number of agency workers assigned and the evolution of GDP.
This article was originally published by APSO. www.apso.co.za